Followers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 4 Not Really Eating

Today, we went to the Botanical Garden
and a Buddhist temple. After lunch we
walked around some of the local markets
with another family. They traveled with
a family from Franklin on their first adoption.
We had dinner at Lucy's, again.

Ivy didn't eat hardly anything yesterday.
Today she didn't do any better. We have
been giving her Ensure we brought, but
are down to just a few of those. She threw
up on Caprice at lunch today. We got some
rice cereal to bottle feed her. We are going
to visit her orphanage in the morning so
maybe they can help tell us what she really
ate each day.

I think she is just tramatized. I brought her
back to the room while Caprice and Emma
were at the park. When I came out of the
bathroom she was in the bedroom in the
farthest corner looking distress and rocking
side to side. Past her tears, I see her beauty.

She is still not active. Once in a while Ivy
will pick up a toy and hold it, but not play
with it. I make her get down and walk
a little everyday to help her gain some
independence. She looks so funny.
We thought from her referral picture
that she would be husky, but she is
small. I can't wait to get her home
to get her settled in.


We got some news that my uncle is in the
hospital with a heart condition and is to
have/had surgery. I sure hope that he
is made well. We were looking forward
to seeing everyone when we are home
Thanksgiving.

At top are a couple of picture from today.

Much Love,

Greg

3 comments:

呓呓呀呀(4Y) said...

I'll pray for your uncle。

monica said...

Your uncle is in my thoughts. Ivy will come around. We gave Jasmine steamed eggs and rice at night. All the chinese restaurants serve it, if you know how to ask for it. That was all she ate, and she did formula several times a day from a bottle. She liked it very thick and quite warm. She quickly switched to food when we arrived home. Hope that helps. Monica

wootens said...

Dear the Allens,
I hope you have a good time and Ivy starts eating more. Also, I can't wait to see Ivy.

Emma, I miss you at church and Chinese class. Your sister is so cute!

Hugs and Kisses from the The Wooten Girls!