Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I saw her smile today

Yesterday we went to the Safari Park and
I kept Ivy with me in a carrier. She didn't
really care for it that much in the begining
nor at the end. She decided she would start
going limp when be put, or taken from, where
she didn't want to be. That really didn't work
for her so I hope she is over that. Caprice
didn't take her until dinner which was more for
my convience than anything. I think Ivy was
glad to be back with her mother. She started
using her hands more at the table.

Today we went to the pearl and jade markets.
Ivy was kicking her legs around as we were on
our way. I think she was just so glad to be away
from me. We had the rest of the day to ourselves.
I went walking around where the locals are but
the rest of them went to the park. When we all
meet back at the room, Ivy was eating more than
ever before. Caprice had also got pictures developed
from the camera we had sent to the orphanage.
It showed a little girl walking, marching, playing
and smiling. I wished we had gotten that girl.
The one we got looked like her but just hadn't
played or anything. We ate at the Italian place
again tonight and Caprice got Ivy to smile with
patty-cake. That is the first time I had ever
seen her smile. She still gets upset when Caprice
puts her down.

The people in Guangzhou do not stare and say
hello like other places. I kind of miss it. There
are so many people here. I was out for about
2.5 hours today and saw so many beautiful
people here. It is just different here. I have
been out very late by myself and have never
once worried that I am going to get shot or
mugged. I may get ran over if I don't pay
attention when walking, but I am careful
with that. I wished any of you who have
yet to come could just experience 30 minutes
of this place. It is overwhelming in some
ways. It is just different than what we are
use to. The people here are nice, helpful
and friendly.

see you soon,

Greg

1 comment:

呓呓呀呀(4Y) said...

I like this family picture!

Gretchen