Followers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finally Home

I will post some new pics for everyone tommorrow.
We discovered something unusual in HK. Ivy
appears to prefer western food much more than
the offerings of the east. Once in HK we went to
eat at Outback. She has a real affinity for french
fries, bread and hamburger. She is fond of spaghetti
but but opted for her first hamburger instead that
night. It was even tolerable to look at me and I
would have gotten a smile but she made the extra
effort to hold it back. We all did well on the flight back.
Everytime I come back from a long flight like that I
say I am never getting on a plane again. As always,
Emma traveled unbelieveably well. Seldom did she
ever complain.

I woke up at 11:30am and took Emma to Jack's BBQ.
She was quickly asleep on the drive home. I will be
fully adjusted tonight but it may take the rest several
days to get on schedule. Everyone is sleeping now.

Ivy makes alot more eye contact. She still isn't making
much noise, but does get caught off guard and claps things
together and other types of play. At dinner in HK I was
making a noise with my mouth and Ivy was wanting to
mimic me. She looks at me often when feed and rested.
She just wants to be held by Caprice and that is it. I put
her in her crib last night and she cried all the way there
but as soon as she made contact with the mattress she
got quiet. Emma sat by her bed and read to her until
I told her to go to bed. They are sleeping in beds rigfht
next to each other. They watched each other for 10
minutes and then both were asleep. I don't think Ivy
will go that many places in the next several days. I
believe we kept Emma at home for about a week.

We will be going to the hospital to visit my uncle tonight
or tommorrow. It is going to be sad because I know he
has lost alot of weight and the prognosis is unknown. It
is a stressful time for those who know and love him.
We all face uncertainty about our time here. It is just
difficult to deal with when someone we love is in a painful
situation. I just wished we knew he would be healed.

I think as Ivy is home more and gets more food into her
small little body, she will be more open to everything.
It will be an adjustment for us all. Ivy is 20 months.
I thought 24 months+ was a great time with Emma.
I am sure it will be for Ivy also.

Greg

No comments: